We're Hiring: Java Developer
Description: NIVO1 is looking for mid-to-senior level Java Developer to help architect, build, and maintain a cloud-based business application. This individual will work at NIVO1 Headquarters in Pittsburgh, PA and play a key role in the development of the application, ongoing support and improvement of the application. Ability to work with business clients and end-users to develop and understand business requirements is essential for success of the team.
Primary Job Responsibilities/Functions:
- Designs, develops, and tests high-quality web-based applications
- Partners with the Business Owners Project Management Office and participates in all phases of project implementation
- Works with the team to implement strategic enhancements to the application and interfaces with client systems
- Utilizes and maintains appropriate change control procedures and standards.
- Designs and executes Test Plans for the application related changes
- Ensures day to day operational integrity of the system with rapid troubleshooting skills when issues arise
- Willing and able to learn from others
- Mentors less experienced members of the team
- Strong focus on delivering high quality, scalable solutions that meet the business needs
Essential Professional Attributes and Work Experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ application development experience using Object Oriented methodology in a J2EE environment
- Proficiency in JSP, Spring Web MVC framework, Web Services, JUnit Testing, Tomcat/Glassfish or comparable Java Containers
- Experience with test-driven development
- Understanding of data modeling and database design
- Experience in web user interface design and development
- Experience in presenting concepts and solutions to a wide audience
- Strong Unix/Linux environment experience a must
- Strong communication, teamwork, and problem-solving skills
- High degree of accountability and responsibility for your work
- Results driven, business focused, flexible and adaptable to change
- Ability to interpret abstract technical ideas and concepts effectively
- Translates complex business requirements into meaningful technical solution
- General PC office skills with MS Office
- Demonstrates strong customer service focus and ability to establish and maintain a high level of team trust and confidence.
- Collaboration and Teamwork are essential qualities for this role
If interested, email us at email@example.com.